Need an autumn snack that is healthy and filling? Well, the recipe below fits that bill without breaking the bank or your calorie budget (as long as you limit your portions). Easy to eat on the run and quick to whip together, these Powerballs will be a new family favorite.
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup milled flaxseed
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Mix peanut butter and honey together until smooth.
2. Gradually add in oats, flaxseed & wheat germ, also stir in any chocolate chips, dried fruits and nuts you choose to add. For smaller hands and mouths, make sure to give the larger chunks a whir in the food processer before adding them in.
3. Mix gently together to combine.
4. Roll into ping-pong sized balls.
5. Place on a cookie sheet or in a cake pan and place in the refridgerator at least two hours to chill.
Thanks to Kayla for the recipe!