Halloween candy can come at a calorie rich price. Not having any might send you over the edge of insanity; having too much might send you over the edge of your pants waist.
So indulge in a healthy way! Make sure that candy fits into your calorie budget (by working out to increase your calorie budget, or skipping something else). Here are some common candies, to help you keep your calorie budget in mind:
-One Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup (in the Pumpkin Shape) has 170 calories, 10 grams of fat
- 22 pieces of Candy Corn has 140 calories, 0 fat
- 1 Popcorn Balls- 100 calories, 1 gram of fat
- Fun size Snickers-72 calories, 4 grams of fat
- 1 Fun size Milky Way- 76 calories, 3 grams of fat
- Three Musketeers, 71 calories, 2 grams of fat
- 6 Midgee Tootsie Rolls- 140 calories, 3 grams of fat
- 1 Tootsie Pop- 60 calories, 0 fat.
Remember, eat a serving of the candy that satisfies you to avoid over indulging on the candy that just isn't what you really wanted in the first place. Happy Halloween!
If all of that candy is just too tempting, buy and keep on hand just what you need, just before the spooky 31st instead of keeping extra bags around for weeks before hand. Don't forget the kids will be bringing home treats too!